An accurate traffic control plan should be developed to show that all traffic control devices will be placed in accordance with the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD). It is critical to the safety of your participants and volunteers that you choose a contractor that understands these guidelines and places your barricades correctly. Action Safety Supply is pre-qualified to operate in Oklahoma City.
Here are some additional requirements that Oklahoma City will require in your traffic control plan:
- Same day barricade pickup is required in districts with high pedestrian traffic. (Downtown, Midtown, Auto Alley, Bricktown, Film Row, Plaza District, Paseo, etc.)
- Type III barricades are required for all road and lane closures.
- 36” cones, or other approved devices, are required when separating traffic from participants on a route.
- You are required to keep an open lane for emergency vehicles.
- Sidewalks must remain open as much as possible for public access to your site
- After your event, traffic control devices must not block any rights-of-way.
Once application is filled out please upload application via the form below and Action Safety Supply will file with the City*.
*There is a $25 application filing fee.